BCSE’s membership includes businesses and trade organizations representing energy efficiency, energy storage, natural gas, renewable energy, sustainable transportation, and emerging decarbonization technologies.
The BCSE Partnership
Business leaders from the energy efficiency, renewable energy, and natural gas sectors formed the Business Council for Sustainable Energy in 1992 to advocate for policies that support a diverse portfolio of energy options in the United States and to ensure access to affordable, reliable, and clean energy solutions.
Clean Energy Coast to Coast
From building efficiency retrofits in Hawaii to wind farms in Minnesota to cutting-edge natural gas research in Oklahoma, BCSE members are strengthening America’s energy future and creating over 3 million jobs.
Clean energy is providing job creation and economic benefits, as well as energy security and grid resilience in all states across America. That’s why states are leading the effort on clean energy deployment.
The Clean Energy Coast to Coast interactive map is a sample of the breadth of work being done by BCSE members nationwide. Each point on the map represents a BCSE member facility that is contributing to the American energy economy and includes a link with further information on the company and/or facility.
To get an in-depth look at certain sectors, please visit these maps: American Biogas Council, National Hydropower Association, and Solar Energy Industries Association. The Clean Energy Business Network offers a map that shows the progress of the clean energy economy state-by-state.
BCSE is a member-led coalition, representing investor-owned utilities, public power, independent power producers, project developers, equipment manufacturers, and environmental and energy market service providers. Our members receive benefits including:
- Access to policymakers. BCSE members receive access and relationship-building opportunities with policymakers at the state, federal, and international levels.
- Advocacy and influence on policymaking. BCSE members have the opportunity to shape policies that expand markets through our federal, state, and international work programs.
- Real-time information and analysis. BCSE members have access to regular policy and market updates. They can also participate in BCSE Federal, State, and International Policy Committees.
- Industry networking and knowledge exchange. BCSE members have an increased profile within the BCSE coalition and networks, spanning industry, policymakers, and influencers. They also receive thought leadership recognition as lead players in North American energy and environmental markets.
- Invitations to BCSE premier member-only events. BCSE members receive special invitations to our signature events, including an annual membership meeting and the release of the annual Sustainable Energy in America Factbook.
BCSE activities are supported primarily through the annual membership dues.
Because BCSE is a 501(c)(6) organization, these dues are not tax-deductible, but they may be deductible as a business-related expense.
BCSE has three membership products: Board Member, Associate Member, and Council Supporter. All levels are eligible to participate in BCSE member events, committee meetings, policy advocacy, and educational outreach.
Market Trends & Factbook
The 2022 edition of the Sustainable Energy in America Factbook provides up-to-date, accurate market intelligence about the broad range of industries that are contributing to the country’s move toward cleaner energy production and more efficient energy usage.