FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 20, 2022
Briefing on April 25: 2022 Minnesota Energy Factsheet Release
Minnesota’s clean energy industry shows perseverance and continuing progress through 2021
ST. PAUL, MINN. – The 2022 Minnesota Energy Factsheet, which presents the latest data on the progress of the clean energy economy in the state, will be released on April 25. Highlights from this year’s Factsheet show that the industry continued to grow in 2021, despite a challenging year. Minnesota’s clean energy industry is critical to the state reaching its greenhouse gas emissions reduction goals. The 2022 Factsheet will show how the industry demonstrated its resilience, and its future performance will continue to improve with smart policy and investments.
Members of the media who would like to preview the 2022 Minnesota Energy Factsheet and press release may request embargoed copies from Tiffanie Connelly ([email protected]) or Laura Tierney ([email protected]). The embargo will lift at 12:01 am CDT on April 25.
An expert panel will present on the findings and take questions at 12:00 pm CDT on April 25. Register here to attend this virtual briefing.
- Ethan Zindler, Head of Americas, BloombergNEF
- Lisa Jacobson, President, Business Council for Sustainable Energy
- Gregg Mast, Executive Director, Clean Energy Economy Minnesota
- Virginia Mooty Rutter, Director of Engagement and Strategic Initiatives, Clean Energy Economy Minnesota
- Andy Kim, President, EVS, Inc.
- Liz Lachowitzer, Senior Business Development Manager, Mortenson
- Kevin Lee, Deputy Commissioner, Division of Energy Resources, Minnesota Department of Commerce
- Becky Wacker, Area General Manager, Trane Technologies
The Minnesota Energy Factsheet is a companion to the 2022 Sustainable Energy in America Factbook, which has 50 data visualizations that highlight the status of sustainable energy in the U.S. weaving together important market and investment dynamics, technology trends and policy developments. Both resources are commissioned by the Business Council for Sustainable Energy (BCSE), with research by BloombergNEF. The Minnesota Factsheet is made possible with the support of McKnight Foundation.