BCSE Communications Manager Position
About the BCSE
The Business Council for Sustainable Energy (BCSE) is a coalition of companies and trade associations from the energy efficiency, natural gas and renewable energy sectors. Established in 1992, the Council advocates for policies that expand the use of commercially available clean energy technologies, products and services.
The coalition’s diverse business membership is united around the revitalization of our economy and creation of a secure, inclusive and sustainable energy future for America. For more information on the Council, please visit www.bcse.org. For the latest industry data, download the Sustainable Energy in America Factbook.
About the Communications Manager Position
This position will work as part of the BCSE team on external communications, event planning, policy research and day-to-day administrative tasks. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
We are looking for a talented, detail-oriented communicator who can work as part of a small team that is dedicated to advancing policies that will accelerate the pace of the energy transition in the United States. The ideal candidate will be an effective and energetic communicator, have excellent writing skills and media relations experience, knowledge of the energy industry and legislative/regulatory processes are a plus.
- Maintain day-to-day social media presence and manage social media accounts
- Write, edit and proofread a variety of content – including press releases, policy statements, op-eds, newsletters, blogs and other reports
- Manage BCSE’s press list, pitch media and serve as a point of contact for incoming press inquiries
- Monitor industry and member news
- Prepare and help execute BCSE events – including e-communications, registration, and logistics
- Conduct research and analysis on legislative and regulatory policies impacting clean energy sectors
- Assist with website maintenance and content management
- Manage BCSE’s database – entry and upkeep
Qualified candidates should have experience in external communications including social media and interest in business, energy, environment or political advocacy.
Candidates should also have:
- Strong professional writing and research skills – including attention to detail, grammar and organization of thoughts
- Ability to communicate in a corporate and professional manner – both internally and externally
- Demonstrated social media savvy and understanding, ability to utilize Twitter and LinkedIn
- Event planning experience
- Media relations experience
- Familiarity or experience with business coalitions, energy sector, legislative, and executive branch of government operations or public relations
- Familiarity with WordPress, Canva, Constant Contact or other e-marketing and event platforms
- A willingness to chip in and eagerness to learn about all aspects of the operations of a clean energy business coalition
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- An undergraduate degree and at least 2-5 years working experience in related fields
BCSE Issue Areas
The BCSE advocates for policies to advance the growth and deployment of clean energy in the United States and abroad; and is a member-driven, policy-focused trade association. Current federal issues areas of focus include energy, tax, infrastructure, appropriations and climate change policy.
At the international level, the Council works on multi-lateral cooperative efforts on clean energy and climate change, including technology promotion, investment, finance, and trade.
This position is a full-time position, with an annual salary in the range of $45,000 - $60,000 annually based on qualifications. BCSE offers paid annual leave and participation in its 401K retirement program, among other benefits.
Please send a cover letter and résumé to the BCSE general email account ([email protected]) with the Subject Line “Communications Manager Position.”
Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis, with an expected start day as soon as a qualified candidate is identified.
BCSE is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Diversity among our employees supports more creative and impactful work at the BCSE.