Powering Forward is a new webinar series from the BCSE and the Clean Energy Business Network (CEBN) that examines developments across the clean energy economy in the U.S. This series will explore the unique impacts facing clean energy industries during the COVID-19 pandemic and the vital role of our sectors will play in the economy’s recovery. Each episode is produced collaboratively with partners working to advance clean energy, demonstrating that together, we can power forward through this crisis to emerge as a stronger, more resilient America.
Powering Forward is made possible with support from Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions (CRES) Forum, in the lead up to National Clean Energy Week, September 21-25, 2020. The series is also supported by Natixis Investment Managers, pioneer of the first ESG-driven 401(k) target date mutual funds.
July 29: State of Play: A Clean Energy Powered Recovery
- Laura Lightbody, Project Director, Flood Prepared Communities Program Initiative at The Pew Charitable Trusts, Moderator
- Mike Harryman, State Resilience Officer, Office of Oregon Governor Kate Brown
- Dr. Rebecca French, Director, Office of Climate Planning, Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection
- Julian Dash, Principal/Founder, Copacity
- Natalie Joubert, Manager, Federal Affairs, PG&E
May 20: The Clean Energy Economy: a Decade of Growth, a First Quarter Disrupted
The second installment of Powering Forward was co-hosted with E2 on May 20, 2020. It presented the long-term trends that have taken place across the energy sector in the past decade, and provided up-to-date insights on how the COVID-19 crisis has impacted clean energy in the first quarter of 2020.
April 24: FEMA’s Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities (BRIC) Program
This webinar was hosted by the BCSE, CEBN and National Association of State Energy Officials (NASEO) on April 24, 2020.
- Lisa Jacobson, President, Business Council for Sustainable Energy
- Lynn Abramson, President, Clean Energy Business Network
- David Terry, Executive Director, National Association of State Energy Officials
- Camille Crain, Section Chief, Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities (BRIC), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
State and Industry Respondents
- Megan Levy, Director, Local Programs, Wisconsin Office of Energy Innovation, WI Public Service Commission and Co-Chair, NASEO Energy Security Committee
- Ben Bolton, Energy Programs Administrator, Office of Energy Programs, Tennessee Department of Environment & Conservation and Co-Chair, NASEO Energy Security Committee
- Anna Pavlova, Vice President, Government Relations, Schneider Electric
- Manny Perotin, Senior Project Manager, CDM Smith