The Council's international policy program engages bi-lateral and multi-lateral efforts to create enabling environments needed to establish and grow market demand for U.S. commercially-available clean energy technologies.
In Washington, DC, the Council works with the federal government to monitor and contribute to national discussions, programs and legislative efforts to promote U.S. clean energy exports, clean technology financing options.
International Advocacy on Climate Change, Sustainability and Clean Energy
The Council represents the interests of U.S. clean energy companies and provides members with access to key government leaders under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and the United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD). The BCSE is an accredited observer to both the UNFCCC and CSD negotiations, and leads a delegation of clean energy executives to the annual UNFCCC Conference of the Parties (COP). Learn more about the Council's recent participation here:
- 26th Conference of the Parties to the UNFCCC (COP 26) in Glasgow, Scotland, November 2021
- 25th Conference of the Parties to the UNFCCC (COP 25) in Madrid, Spain, December 2019
- 24th Conference of the Parties to the UNFCCC (COP 24) in Katowice, Poland, December 2018
- 23rd Conference of the Parties to the UNFCCC (COP 23) in Bonn, Germany, November 2017
- 22nd Conference of the Parties to the UNFCCC (COP 22) in Marrakesh, Morocco, November 2016
- 21st Conference of the Parties to the UNFCCC (COP 21) in Paris, France, December 2015
BCSE members are leading the private sector effort to take action on climate change.
- In September 2021 at Climate Week NYC and through October On the Road to COP 26 in Glasgow, Scotland the BCSE held four virtual events to showcase private sector climate action.
- In April 2021, the United States hosted the Leaders Summit on Climate, find out how the BCSE was involved in U.S. Climate Action Week.
- See how BCSE members participated in the first all virtual Climate Week NYC, held September 21 -27, 2020.
- Recap: UN Climate Action Summit and Climate Week NYC, September 23 - 26, 2019.
- In September 2018, the Council led a delegation to the inaugural Global Climate Action Summit in San Francisco, CA, learn more about the climate actions and announcements of BCSE at Global Climate Action Summit.
Clean Energy Cooperation & Deployment
International Policy Committee
The International Policy Committee (IPC) meets every four to six weeks to discuss programmatic efforts and the latest policy developments. For more information, please contact Laura Tierney at the Council or view the Council's international public statements and policy positions here.
International Council for Sustainable Energy
The International Council for Sustainable Energy (ICSE) is an alliance of the Clean Energy Council of Australia, the European Business Council for Sustainable Energy (e5) and the U.S. Business Council for Sustainable Energy. These organizations have been partners since 1992, and the formal alliance was launched in December 2007 at the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Bali, Indonesia.