The Business Council for Sustainable Energy is an official supporter of the following events:
- This event has passed.
June 9, 2022 - June 10, 2022
Shape the future of green building and LEED in Washington, D.C., or online.
The BCSE is an official supporter of USGBC Live which will convene June 9-10 in Washington, DC. Don’t miss out on learning how to implement LEED, meeting others in the industry, discovering new green building strategies that help with real-world issues, and exploring the latest in green building technology platforms, including updates to LEED Online. Here are five reasons why USGBC Live in Washington, D.C., should be on your to-do list:
1. Opportunities to earn CE hours: USGBC Live offers 6.5 in-person continuing education (CE) hours and all registrations include digital access to more than 20 additional on-demand CE hours. LEED APand LEED Green Associatecredential holders need CE hours to maintain their professional credentials.
2. Inspiring keynote speakers:
Jerome Foster II, climate justice activist, White House climate advisor and founder of #OneMillionOfUs, will bring his inspiring message to USGBC Live. Foster has been a leading voice for Black and Indigenous visibility in climate activism.
Adrianne Todman, Deputy Secretary of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Deputy Secretary Todman believes that we have a responsibility to confront housing insecurity and help ensure access to good homes, to eliminate all forms of housing discrimination, and to build our nation’s housing infrastructure in a way that expands equitable access to housing for all people.
Secretary Jennifer M. Granholm | Department of Energy who is leading DOE in helping America achieve President Biden’s goal of net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 by advancing cutting-edge clean energy technologies, creating millions of good-paying union clean energy jobs, and building an equitable clean energy future.
3. Flexible format: Choose to connect in-person or online. USGBC Live is offered both in person and in a hybrid format. The digital pass includes live-streamed mainstage events, select education sessions, and prerecorded content from June 7–8. All livestreamed and prerecorded content will be available on-demand for a limited time after the event.
Attend in person June 9–10 in Washington, D.C., and access the in-person main event content, Leadership Awards luncheon and celebration, and an all-access digital pass. The safety and well-being of our community are our top priority, and USGBC has several preventative measures in placefor your health.
4. In-person networking (it’s been a while!) USGBC Live in Washington, D.C., includes two days of networking opportunities at the kickoff breakfast and during USGBC’s Leadership Luncheon and Awards Celebration.
5. Top green building sessions for real-world issues. Despite the pandemic, green building activity has not stalled and now with offices opening up, it’s a critical time to learn more about green building practices and strategies. USGBC Live also offers a special LEED Insights track, just for those implementing LEED.