The Business Council for Sustainable Energy is an official supporter of the following events:
- This event has passed.
Powering Forward Webinar: FEMA’s Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities (BRIC) Program
April 24, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
In the first installment of the BCSE & CEBN’s Powering Forward webinar series, learn about a new FEMA program and how energy infrastructure plays a role in resilience.
Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities (BRIC) is a new program at the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to help states, local communities, tribes and territories undertake hazard mitigation projects to reduce risks from disasters and natural hazards. This new pre-hazard mitigation program was authorized in the Disaster Recovery Reform Act of 2018 (DRRA), which amended the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (Stafford Act).
Join this webinar hosted by the Business Council for Sustainable Energy (BCSE), Clean Energy Business Network (CEBN), and National Association of State Energy Officials (NASEO) to learn more about this important program and ways it can help communities strengthen their energy resilience. At a time of a growing public health emergency, it is more critical than ever for communities to understand the tools available to ensure reliable and resilient power supplies.
- Lisa Jacobson, President, Business Council for Sustainable Energy
- Lynn Abramson, President, Clean Energy Business Network
- David Terry, Executive Director, National Association of State Energy Officials
- Camille Crain, Section Chief, Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities (BRIC), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
State and Industry Respondents
- Megan Levy, Director, Local Programs, Wisconsin Office of Energy Innovation, WI Public Service Commission and Co-Chair, NASEO Energy Security Committee
- Ben Bolton, Energy Programs Administrator, Office of Energy Programs, Tennessee Department of Environment & Conservation and Co-Chair, NASEO Energy Security Committee
- Anna Pavlova, Vice President, Government Relations, Schneider Electric
- Manny Perotin, Senior Project Manager, CDM Smith
Powering Forward is a webinar series from BCSE & CEBN that examines developments across the clean energy economy in the U.S. Each episode is produced collaboratively with partners working to advance clean energy, demonstrating that together, we can power forward through this crisis to emerge as a stronger, more resilient America.