The Business Council for Sustainable Energy is an official supporter of the following events:
- This event has passed.
Powering Forward: Environmental Justice and the Clean Energy Economy
June 9, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The seventh installment of Powering Forward, hosted by the Business Council for Sustainable Energy and the Clean Energy Business Network, will be held in partnership with Grove Climate Group on June 9, 2:00 – 3:00 pm ET.
Environmental justice (EJ) has become a driving theme in the energy and climate discourse at the local, state, and federal level. The Biden Administration has made it a key consideration under the American Jobs Plan and it issued Executive Order 14008 in January that includes the Justice40 Initiative, the Environmental Justice Interagency Council, and the White House Environmental Justice Advisory Council.
From a clean energy perspective, there is a growing discussion regarding how to best understand, acknowledge, and address the wide-ranging societal dimensions of the clean energy transition — with EJ issues in mind.
In this webinar, panelists will seek to address questions such as:
- What is EJ?
- What does it mean to consult with EJ communities?
- How is the Biden Administration addressing EJ policy and what will the impacts be related to clean energy deployment?
- How do states approach EJ and are they coordinating their EJ policies with federal policy?
- What are potential implications for getting it right and getting it wrong?
- Brenda Mallory, Chair, Council on Environmental Quality
- Paula Glover, President, Alliance to Save Energy
- Clinton Britt, President, Grove Climate Group – Moderator
- Michael DiRamio, Assistant Director, Energy Affordability and Equity, New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA)
- Julius M. Redd, Principal, Beveridge & Diamond