The Business Council for Sustainable Energy is an official supporter of the following events:
- This event has passed.
How Utilities Unlock the Energy Transition
April 22, 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
As the U.S. looks towards increasing its climate ambition with its updated nationally-determined contribution (NDC) for 2030, utilities are already embarking upon their own pathways to achieve net-zero in 2050. The contributions from the power sector will play an essential role in achieving these new targets. Innovation and technological leadership in this sector will ultimately help drive the transformations needed for a world where 9 billion people can live within the boundaries of the planet by 2050.Over the past decade, we have seen incredible development of innovations within the power sector to reduce emissions through a broad portfolio of energy solutions. Utilities have made investments to increase and expand renewable energy capacity, deploy energy efficiency, and develop new energy resources. They have adapted their business models to improve performance, meet customer demand and ensure delivery of energy that is affordable, reliable, and resilient.
Join the BCSE, Edison Electric Institute & World Business Council for Sustainable Development to learn from regulators, national and international utility sector executives, sector experts, and thought leaders on how utilities are spurring transformational technologies that can help reduce emissions and adapt to climate change, while also creating enormous new economic opportunities and building the industries of the future.
- Claire O’Neill, Managing Director Climate and Energy, World Business Council for Sustainable Development and former Climate Minister for UK Government and President of COP26
- Lisa Jacobson, President, Business Council for Sustainable Energy
- Brian Wolff, Executive Vice President of Policy & External Affairs, Edison Electric Institute
- Gonzalo Saenz de Miera Càrdenas, Director of Climate Change and Alliances, Iberdrola
- Sharon Tomkins, Vice President, Sustainability, Sempra Energy
- Venu Ghanta, Vice President, Regulatory Affairs, Duke Energy
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar