The Business Council for Sustainable Energy is an official supporter of the following events:
- This event has passed.
EE Global Webinar: Energy Efficiency and Economic Recovery – Lessons from the Great Recession in the EU and U.S.
June 30, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
EE Global Webinar Series
Energy Efficiency and Economic Recovery: Lessons from the Great Recession in the EU and U.S.
Hosted by The Renovate Europe Campaign and the Alliance to Save Energy
June 30, 2020, 10:00 am EDT
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) and the European Economic Recovery Plan were two massive stimulus packages passed in 2009 to counter the effects of the economic slowdown. In this webinar, experts from both continents will reflect on the role of energy efficiency in buildings in these packages, the legacy of the stimuli on efficiency and our energy systems today, and lessons learned for governments and the private sector around the world as we plan for stimulus and recovery investments.
- Stacey Paradis, Executive Director of the Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (MEEA)
- Timothy Unruh, Executive Director of the National Association of Energy Service Companies (NAESCO)
- Lisa Jacobson, President of the Business Council for Sustainable Energy (BCSE)
- Pernille Weiss, Danish Member of the European Parliament (EPP)
- Peter Sweatman, CEO at Climate Strategy and Partners
- Yamina Saheb, Senior Climate and Energy Policy Analyst at OpenEXP