The Business Council for Sustainable Energy is an official supporter of the following events:
Climate Week NYC: A Solution Set for Complex Challenges: Clean Energy and Climate, COVID-19 and Economic Recovery
September 23, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
To meet the trio of challenges posed by COVID-19, economic recovery and climate change, this event explores the power of existing clean energy and energy efficiency technologies and expertise. Strategic deployment of this “solution set” will deliver significant gains in emissions reductions, improved community resilience, human health and safety, and the creation of new jobs and a more sustainable economy.
During the first session, experts will look at how energy efficiency plays a key role in economic recovery across the globe – from lessons learned from the Great Recession in 2009, to how energy efficiency helps build resilient societies, stimulates investment, enables a pathway to net-zero and can immediately put people back to work.
In the second session, clean energy executives will discuss how to tackle these challenges vis-vis the deployment of clean energy solutions, smart public policy and project design, and strategic deployment of procurement, finance, and technologies.
Attendees will hear key takeaways from the special Economic Recovery edition of the EE Magazine, published by AOB Group and the EE Global Alliance, which will be launched the day of the event.
Session 1 (10:00 – 10:45 am ET)
- Clay Nesler, Alliance to Save Energy, Moderator
- Kofi Agyarko, Ghana Energy Commission
- Filippo Berardi, Global Environment Facility
- Helen Clarkson, The Climate Group
- Corey Diamond, Efficiency Canada
- Monica Frassoni, EU-ASE
- Dan Hamza-Goodacre, Kigali Cooling Efficiency Program
- Abla Hanna, Natural Resources Canada
- Benoit Lebot, Ministère de l’Environnement, France
- Celia Martinez Juez, District Energy in Cities Initiative UNEP
- Said Mouline, Moroccan Agency for Energy Efficiency
- Bertrand Piccard, Solar Impulse Foundation
Session 2 (10:45 – 11:30 am ET)
- Lisa Jacobson, Business Council for Sustainable Energy, Moderator
- Greg Hale, New York State Energy Research & Development Authority (NYSERDA)
- Rasha Hasaneen, Trane Technologies
- Steve Kukoda, International Copper Association
- Mark Lessans, Johnson Controls
- Harry Verhaar, Signify
See Climate Week NYC website for more information.