FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 19, 2019
Contact: Laura Tierney
Email: [email protected]
BCSE Comments to the House Select Committee on the Climate Crisis Focus on Clean Energy Portfolio in Proposed Federal Action
Washington, DC – Business Council for Sustainable Energy (BCSE) President Lisa Jacobson issued the following statement regarding the Council’s response today to the House Select Committee on the Climate Crisis’ call for stakeholder input:
“We know that the clean energy portfolio of solutions from the energy efficiency, natural gas, and renewable energy sectors are expanding the U.S. economy and reducing our greenhouse gas emissions. The BCSE’s recommendations to the House Select Committee on the Climate Crisis are based on the front-line experience of our members that are leading the transformation to a low-carbon economy. The Council looks forward to working with Congress as it takes these steps to develop comprehensive climate change legislation.”
The BCSE encourages the House Select Committee on the Climate Crisis to propose policies that include:
- Clear and consistent objectives with long-term, durable targets and flexibility for how they are achieved.
- Utilization of a range of measures that will reduce emissions, enhance resilience, create jobs and support clean energy deployment, including carbon pricing, tax, energy, and research, development & deployment (RD&D) policies.
- Improvements to the electric grid, which would enable greater clean energy deployment and utilization.
- Funding for resilience planning and infrastructure, which is necessary for climate adaptation at the local, state and regional levels.
- Continued U.S. participation in the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change and continuing funding for climate-related international development and RD&D to positively influence the international climate response and protect the competitiveness of American companies.
For additional detail, please see the BCSE submission to the House Select Committee on the Climate Crisis.
Download the press release.